Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Belated Happy Pub Day!

I had planned to enter my first LEFT NEGLECTED blog post yesterday, on Publication Day, but it was such a whirlwind day, I didn't have time.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I had plenty of time to be on Facebook--to spread the word and thank friends and family and fans for their support.  And the embarrassingly compulsive/addictive behavior of checking my amazon.com rank began again, so I had time for that.  But I spent most of the day going to book stores, signing stock, saying Hi and Thanks and jumping up and down with some of my favorite booksellers.  I actually screamed when I saw this display at Where the Sidewalk Ends here in Chatham.



Oh, and I bought three copies of USA Today at Stop & Shop because Craig Wilson (Oh, how I love Craig Wilson!) wrote a PHENOMENAL review of LEFT NEGLECTED.

It was definitely a whirlwind day--hopefully the kickoff to a whirlwind tour!  I have lots of hopes for this book.  I hope it gives readers an opportunity to think about their own lives, to maybe slow down and pay more attention to what really matters to them.  I hope it teaches readers a little bit about traumatic brain injury and Left Neglect.  I hope it helps certain readers find NEHSA (New England Handicapped Sports Association), and I hope it changes their lives.  I hope the story helps everyone to learn to ignore our cell phones in our cars.  And mostly, I hope you all like it!

I did have a little time last night before bed to enter this post.  But instead I drank a glass of wine with my husband and played Connect Four with my 10-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son.  I think Sarah Nickerson would approve!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lisa!! I started Left Neglected yesterday after work and can't wait to read some more :)

    Enjoy this special time with your family and friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine and Connect 4 sound like great reasons to postpone your initial post. I'm anxiously awaiting my delivery from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! I found your blog from Sue at As Cape Cod Turns. My family has a house on Cape Cod but somehow I migrated south to Atlanta and I only make it back to the Cape every summer. I discovered Where the Side Walk Ends this summer and LOVE IT! Good luck with the new book, I can't WAIT to read it! Oh and not sure which Stop & Shop you were at, but my almost 90 yr old grandfather Jim is a bagger at the one in S. Dennis!!

    ReplyDelete