Monday, May 16, 2011

Australia Book Tour 2011: Most Memorable Moments

Meeting Christine and Paul Bryden in Brisbane (see previous post).

Fireworks over the river during dinner in Brisbane, arranged just for me by my publicist (not really, but we had front row seats and no knowledge that this would be happening--we were delighted!).

The complete, circular rainbow my husband and I saw at the top of the Harbor Bridge.  It was huge and breathtaking, and it encircled the Opera House. I don't have a photo for you because Bridge Climb Sydney doesn't allow anyone to carry cameras on the climb (my poor photographer husband was beside himself--missing the best photo opportunity of his life!).

The many times I was stumped by the accent.  And I grew up with a THICK Boston accent, so this surprises me a bit.  Let me give you an example:  At a book signing in Perth, a reader told me her name and handed me her copy of LEFT NEGLECTED.  I looked up at her, stumped.  She said her name again.  I asked her to repeat it.  I still couldn't make out what she was saying.  I finally asked her to spell it:  "Sue."  (She's from New Zealand.)

Koalas, caramel and real.



Fish and chips on Watson's Bay.

My beautiful publicist, Anabel.  Thank you for a most memorable and amazing tour and for taking such good care of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment