Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Top 5 Reasons Ellen Should Have Me On Her Show


1.     I mention Ellen and her show 13 times in my novel, LEFT NEGLECTED.  Having me on her show would be a great way to thank me in person.

2.     Portia would be amazing as Sarah Nickerson in the movie.

3.     Oprah’s not the only one who reads.

4.     Like Ellen, my mission is to not only entertain, but to also educate and connect people through gained understanding, sensitivity, and empathy.

5.     If she doesn’t want to talk about my book, we could always discuss my three-year-old son’s youtube video, Dog Poopy in My Pocket.

3 comments:

  1. Number 5 cinched it for me!! I don't know how she resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I knew her I'd put in a good word. Funny thing is I wrote a piece a few years ago about wanting to meet Regis Philbin for some of the same reasons as you post here for meeting Ellen. Well, maybe not the Portia part. Anyway, I know you get a million jabs for advice etc. but I just published my first book and I am more than knee deep being my own publicist – it is HARD work. Luckily I have a number of blogs reviewing my book and am about to send an email to the Globe. Maybe Mr. Concannon will offer a good review for me as well. Any tips you care to send my way would be appreciated. Thanks, and happy writing.
    http://www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd watch if you were on Ellen!

    I just finished reading the book, and being someone who is on their second mat leave from their HR job...your book resonated with me.

    Looking forward to reading Still Alice next.

    ReplyDelete